Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Valentine’s Day is an eye-opening special day set aside to show your partner how much you care. What better way to express your love than putting aside everything else and spending one on one time with them? I gathered some fun, romantic valentine date ideas that appeal to all budgets and couples.
Consider building up to Valentine’s Day with a little expression of love every day starting on February 1st and ending with a fun finale date on the 14th. Examples could be putting a sticky note with a list of things you love about your partner on their bathroom mirror, putting their favorite snacks in their car’s cup holders, or breakfast in bed. Build small to big with these acts of love. Now for the dates!
Dance the Night Away:
- There are dance studios all over nowadays to take a dance class with your partner. Try out swing dancing, salsa dancing or ballroom, depending on your personalities and what appeals to you.
Move into Relaxation:
- Surprise your companion with a getaway: pack their bags, get time off work for both of you, arrange for pet or child care, and escape to anywhere you desire. There’s a certain romance to the ocean’s powdery sand beaches and crashing waves. Or the vineyards, with rolling hills and cozy boutique hotels. Go wine tasting, tour the estates and just enjoy each other’s company.
- Plan a spa day with your sweetheart. Go to a mineral springs resort and get a tandem massage. Soak in the rich waters, detox in the sauna, enjoy healthy and delicious food, or participate in yoga. Both of you will leave the weekend feeling bonded and relaxed.
Live an Active Lifestyle:
- Take a light hike to a scenic spot. Bring wine, delicious cheeses, crackers, salami, and chocolate to top it off. Watch the sunset or stargaze, while telling your partner how much you care for them.
- An ice skating date is sometimes the only thing you need. Simply gliding along, holding hands and drinking hot chocolate are all adorable aspects of this classic Valentine’s Day date.
Love to Reminisce:
- This date may take a little planning, but it’s too cute not to include... Go to the place where you had your first date or kiss and recreate it! Visit the coffee shop where you had those first lattes with them and reminisce.
Whatever you choose to do, don’t forget the purpose of Valentine’s Day is to let your significant other know how much you care. Any activity or date can be amazing if you are in each other’s company and making the best of time spent. Enjoy your loved ones Gurus!